Monday 30 January 2012

Did prophet Muhammad know the future ?

Peace to the world,

Any traditional muslim can verify that he/she heard many hadiths of prophet where the prophet informs the companions about future. There are hadiths relating to end times, general future world situations etc. Any reader of hadith literature knows that Muhammad could see the unseen. Muhammad even warns his companions about the unseen and what it will bring to the world. My question to you is, what did God say about it ? Let us see in the Qur'an (chapter 27 verse 65):

27:65    Say: "None in the heavens or the earth know the unseen except God. And they do not perceive when they will be resurrected.


For anyone with the ability to read, it is clear. ONLY GOD knows the unseen/future. This ayaat (verse/sign) is enough for me. However, one may try to claim that God gave Muhammad the ability to do it. So we need to verify that from Qur'an too. Let us look further into Qur'an( 6:50, 7:188, 11:31):

6:50    Say: "I do not say to you that I possess the treasures of God, nor do I know the future, nor do I say to you that I am an angel. I merely follow what is inspired to me." Say: "Are the blind and the seer the same? Do you not think?

So, God made the messenger declare that the messenger DOES NOT KNOW the future. The messenger only follows what is revealed to him. Qur'an says that the only thing revealed is Qur'an (click this). Let us look further:

7:188    Say: "I do not possess for myself any benefit or harm, except what God wills. And if I could know the future, then I would have increased my good fortune, and no harm would have come to me. I am but a warner and a bearer of good news to a people who believe."

The messenger is commanded to say that he did not know the future, and he is made to argue further by saying that IF he knew the future, he could increase his good fortune and no harm could touch him. This alone tells you that harm did touch him. God makes him declare in the end of the ayaat (verse/sign) that he is just a warner and someone who is sent with a good news for the believers. Let us look at another example:

11:31    "Nor do I say to you that I have the treasures of God, nor do I know the future, nor do I say that I am an angel, nor do I say to those whom your eyes look down upon that God will not grant them any good. God is more aware of what is in their souls; in such case I would be among the wicked."

Once more, we find God making the messenger declare that he does not know the future and is not angelic in nature, he is just a man, a clear warner.

46:9Say: I am no different from the other messengers, nor do I know what will happen to me or to you. I only follow what is inspired to me. I am no more than a clear warner.

It is remarkable how the Qur'an makes the topic so clear. Only the scholars/sheikhs/imams/mullahs come up with their CONTRADICTORY hadiths and teach the people anti-Qur'an teachings. I get it, there were always people whom God trusted with the scripture and they went astray, some even went as far as making the messenger into a God. If you are a traditional muslim, you have now read my refutation from the Qur'an. It is time for you to either think about discarding the traditions and obey what you hear from the Qur'an, or help the sheikhs/scholars hide these ayaats of God and obey what you hear from their other books.

In any case, it is my duty to inform you that those who do not judge with God's kitaab are kafirs/fasiks/zalims (5:44:48). I leave the decision up to you, as I still think that no matter how much we differ, your heart can be a muslim and I am no one to judge that.






"What is wrong with you, how do you judge? Or do you have another book which you study? In it, you can find what you wish?"
[Qur'an 68:36-37]

With that said, I would like to see all of us do good while we are believers, without doing good, it is just a belief worth nothing. 

98:7 As for those who believe and do good works, they are the best of creation.

Peace be on you

------------------------- Student of Allah


6 comments:

  1. When you point these verses to people who believe in hadiths blindly they will quickly brand you as kuffar but when you mention the below hadith they will start to think that's how the traditional Islam works

    Volume 9, Book 93, Number 477:
    Narrated Masruq:
    'Aisha said, "If anyone tells you that Muhammad has seen his Lord, he is a liar, for Allah says: 'No
    vision can grasp Him.' (6.103) And if anyone tells you that Muhammad has seen the Unseen, he is a
    liar, for Allah says: "None has the knowledge of the Unseen but Allah."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shalom Aleikhem,

      Well, true. It really is amazing how people ignore the Qur'an and call it their number one authority at the same time.

      Peace
      ----------- Student of Allah

      Delete
  2. From what I have read, it is apparent that only Allah knows and prophet Mohammad (pbuh) knew of the past and future to the extent Allah had revealed. Such a belief will not make us zalim or kafir.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From what I have read, it is apparent that only Allah knows and prophet Mohammad (pbuh) knew of the past and future to the extent Allah had revealed. Such a belief will not make us zalim or kafir.

    ReplyDelete